At The Midlife Hub Ltd. we value clarity, so we’ve tried to keep this straightforward as possible.
The purpose of these Terms and Conditions is to create an agreement between our businesses. It covers the duties and responsibilities of The Midlife Hub and the member during the course of their agreement, with a shared purpose of providing quality support solutions to people in or for their midlife.
Please read this Agreement and Terms & Conditions carefully.
If you have any questions on the terms of your membership, please email us at: email@example.com
MEMBERSHIP TERMS & CONDITIONS
Effective Date: 10th December 2020
“Date of Commencement” – means the date your application was confirmed by the welcome letter
“Service Provider Membership” – means membership services provided by The Midlife Hub Ltd. as set out on The Hub and in this contract.
“The Hub” means any website or service designed for electronic access by mobile or fixed devices which is owned or operated by us. It includes all web pages controlled by us.
“Services” means all of the services available from The Hub or via Membership, whether free or charged.
“Member” means an approved independent service provider
“Users” – Members of the public or businesses who use The Midlife hub and associated services.
BASIS OF CONTRACT
This agreement begins on the Date of Commencement and will continue until terminated.
Your continued use of our services after any notice of change shall be deemed acceptance by you of the changed service, system and/or terms.
The contract between us comes into existence only when we write to you to confirm your membership.
MEMBERSHIP and FEES
Service Provider Membership entitles you to the services as set out in our Membership Schedule (Appendix1).
There is a minimum membership term of 6 months.
The price payable for The Midlife Hub Membership and additional services you may order are set out in the Membership Schedule (Appendix1) Prices are inclusive of any applicable VAT. Unless expressly stated otherwise. Any changes to this table will be notified to you in writing.
Once membership has been confirmed, payment becomes due within 14 days. We will add you to The Hub directory once your first payment has been received.
All fees are paid in advance. If you do not pay your membership fee by the due date, we will write to you to let you know. We may at our discretion charge a £25 admin fee.
We may refer any missed payments to a debt collection agency
We reserve the right to amend our annual membership fee at any time.
Unless existing members have been notified otherwise in writing any fee changes will only apply to new members.
You can change payment frequency on the renewal of your membership.
You may not transfer your Membership to any other person / organisation
When you subscribe for The Midlife Hub Membership, that payment may not cover other services, for which we will ask you to pay either by addition to your membership fee or by a single payment.
You will pay all sums due to us under this agreement by direct payment (e.g. standing order, Paypal,) to our bank account on the due date, without any set-off, deduction or counterclaim.
Bank Details: The Midlife Hub Ltd.
Sort Code: 60-83-71
Account Number: 34591868
See Termination section for treatment of fees on cancellation.
We reserve the right to modify the The Midlife Hub Membership rules and to change the terms and conditions of this agreement at any time, without notice. Your continued use of the The Midlife Hub Membership after such modifications shall be deemed an acceptance by you to be bound by the terms of the modified agreement. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on the day you join as a member.
Continuation / renewal of this agreement occurs automatically each time you pay your membership fee.
At renewal you can opt to change your payment frequency.
Notwithstanding the above, membership renewal is not guaranteed. The midlife Hub reserve the right to refuse a membership renewal.
Both parties to the agreement will abide by the terms set out in this Membership Agreement
- Add you to the Member directory on the Hub.
- Promote The Midlife Hub as a single entity, although we may direct members of the public or businesses to you specifically if we feel this is appropriate.
- Provide you with opportunities to promote your business and engage with other members and local businesses.
- You will be notified in good time about upcoming events and will be sent regular updates.
- Let you know at the earliest opportunity if events have been cancelled and when appropriate will endeavour to host a replacement.
- Notify you of any changes to your membership or our business by email to your most recent email address, in a timely manner. Where possible we will give a minimum of 1 months notice of change.
- Abide by The Midlife Hub service standards (appendix 3)
- Actively participate in promoting the The Midlife Hub and attend The Midlife Hub events, at your convenience.
- You are encouraged to refer Users to other members and other referred parties and display The Midlife Hub logo / promotional material on your media and at your place of work.
- Comply with and support The Midlife Hub Complaints Policy (appendix 4)
- Provide accurate and timely information to update your directory listing.
- Provide to us your current land address, e-mail address and telephone numbers as often as they are changed together with all information that we may require to enable us to fulfil our obligations under this contract.
Any obligation in this agreement intended to continue to have effect after termination or completion shall so continue.
This agreement will be in force until terminated. This agreement may be terminated by:
- Agreement between us and you; or
automatically following a breach of the Agreement.
- On termination by us – no fees are refundable.
- On termination by you – you may terminate with 1 months notice after the first 6 months of membership. In which case a pro-rata refund of any whole calendar month already paid for, will be considered.
Notice to terminate should be provided in writing (email) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Termination by either party shall have the following effects:
- Your right to use or be represented on The Midlife Hub ceases immediately; and
- You will be removed from any network channels.
- We are under no obligation to promote you or refer Users to you.
- You should remove all references to The Midlife Hub from your media.
The following actions constitute a non-exhaustive list of examples of breaches giving rise to the possible termination of this agreement:
- Anything which may damage the brand of The Midlife Hub including but not limited to:
- Poor service, illegal or immoral behaviour.
- Inappropriate behaviour at events held by the The Midlife Hub.
- Inappropriate content posted on our or your social media sites.
- Inappropriate spamming of other members or users and hard selling.
- Assigning membership to anyone else.
We will process your data fairly and securely and ensure what we do process is relevant and necessary to your membership and the operation of The Midlife Hub.
We will not pass your details or information about your business to third parties without your permission.
Upon becoming a Member of The Midlife Hub, a directory entry provided by you will be published on The Hub for the purposes of promoting your business.
You grant us the rights and permission to use your name, company name, photo, statements, and industry information in all current and future media.
You agree that we may disclose your information including assigned IP numbers, account history, account use, etc. to any judicial or proper legal authority who makes a written request without further consent or notification to you.
DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
All implied conditions, warranties and terms are excluded from this agreement. If in any jurisdiction an implied condition, warrant or term cannot be excluded, then this sub paragraph shall be deemed to be reduced in effect, only to the extent necessary to release that specific condition, warranty or term.
The Hub and The Midlife Hub Membership services are provided “as is”. We make no representation or warranty that any service will be:useful to you; of satisfactory quality; fit for a particular purpose; and/or available or accessible, without interruption, or without error. We claim no expert knowledge in any subject.
We disclaim any obligation or liability to you arising directly or indirectly from information or business you take from The Hub.
We make no representation or warranty and accept no responsibility in law for: accuracy of any content or the impression or effect it gives; delivery of content, material or any message; privacy of any transmission; the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of The Hub or our services; failure or malfunction of computer hardware or software or technical equipment or system connected directly or indirectly to your use of our services.
loss or damage resulting from your attendance at an event organised through The Hub or our Services; any act or omission of any person or the identity of any person who introduces themselves to you through The Hub; any aspect or characteristic of any goods or services advertised on The Hub.
You agree that in any circumstances when we may become liable to you, the limit of our liability is the amount you have paid us in the immediately preceding membership period for the services concerned.
Except in the case of death or personal injury, our total liability under this agreement, however it arises, shall not exceed the sum of £1,000. This applies whether your case is based on contract, tort or any other basis in law.
We shall not be liable to you for any loss or expense which is:
indirect or consequential loss; or
economic loss or other loss of turnover, profits, business or goodwill even if such loss was reasonably foreseeable or we knew you might incur it.
This paragraph (and any other paragraph which excludes or restricts our liability) applies to our directors, officers, employees, subcontractors, agents and affiliated companies (who may enforce this clause under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999, as well as to ourselves.
If you become aware of any breach of any term of this agreement by any person, please tell us either by telephone or email. We welcome your input but do not guarantee to agree with your judgement.
Nothing in this agreement shall be construed as limiting or excluding our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
You agree to indemnify us against all costs, claims and expense arising directly or indirectly from:
- your failure to comply with the law of any country;
- your breach of this agreement;
- any act, neglect or default by any agent, employee, licensee or User of yours;
- a contractual claim arising from your use of our services; and
- a breach of the intellectual property rights of any person.
Force Majeure – Neither party shall have any liability or be deemed to be in breech of this agreement for any delays or failures in performance of this agreement which result from circumstances beyond the reasonable control of that party. The party affected by such circumstances shall promptly notify the other party in writing when such circumstances occur and when they cease to do so. If such circumstances continue for a continuous period of more than 6 months, either party may terminate this agreement by written notice to the other party.
If any term or provision of this agreement is at any time held by any jurisdiction to be void, invalid or unenforceable, then it shall be treated as changed or reduced, only to the extent minimally necessary to bring it within the laws of that jurisdiction and to prevent it from being void and it shall be binding in that changed or reduced form. Subject to that, each provision shall be interpreted as severable and shall not in any way affect any other of these terms.
No failure or delay by any party to exercise any right, power or remedy will operate as a waiver of it nor indicate any intention to reduce that or any other right in the future.
In the event of a dispute between the parties to this agreement, then they undertake to attempt to settle the dispute by engaging in good faith with the other in a process of mediation before commencing arbitration or litigation.
Unless it expressly states otherwise, this Agreement does not give rise to any rights under the Agreements (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement.
The validity, construction and performance of this agreement shall be governed by the laws of England and you agree that any dispute arising from it shall be litigated only in England.
You are not permitted outsource or sub-contract your services without informing us and gaining prior agreement.
Agency, partnership etc. This agreement shall not constitute or imply any partnership, joint venture, agency, fiduciary relationship or other relationship between the parties other than the contractual relationship expressly provided for in this agreement. Neither party shall have, nor represent that is has, any authority to make any commitments on the other parties behalf.
Appendix 1. Membership Schedule
As a member of The Midlife Hub we will provide you with the following
1. Directory Listing, with geographical locator search and key word search functionality
2. Join public events to promote your business and promote the social conversation about Midlife
3. Option to connect with other like minded businesses and join social events to learn about other services members provide.
We reserve the right to offer additional services to our members. Additional fees & charges. Which may include (but are not limited to):
1. Event participation fees
2. Tailored marketing campaign / activity / advice
3. Business administration support
4. Business development guidance
MEMBERSHIP FEE AND PRICING STRUCTURE
Membership Option 1.
Promotion of ‘in person’ and ‘online’ services.
- £360.00 annually
Membership Option 2.
Promotion of ‘in person’ services only.
- £240.00 annually
Following the a minimum 6 month membership period, you can cancel your membership at any time with a 1 month notice period, with a pro rata refund.
Appendix 2. Company Values
Care – we care about what we do and do what we care about
Trust – we trust each other to act with integrity and in the best interests of the company, our partners, users and each other
Action centric – we are defined by and will only succeed through our actions and attitude.
Clarity – we are straight talking and welcome simple, transparent open dialogue.
Inclusive – we respect and value each individual for who they are and their contribution
Service – we hold ourselves and our partners to our service standards
Appendix 3. Service Standards
Members agree to:
- Demonstrate professional integrity at all times
- Be competent to deliver the services being offered. Complete Continuous Professional Development regularly.
- Charge fairly for their services
- Let the User know if you can’t help them or another service would be more appropriate.
- Be realistic about the benefits of the service and how long it will take to see changes.
- Protect Users physical and mental wellbeing.
- Protect User data by adhering to current legal requirements re collection, processing and storage.
- Communicate promptly and respectfully with User.s
- Never be verbally or physically abusive or threatening to a User in any way.
- Notify The Midlife Hub and Users, if you are not able to continue in business.
- Do not take on new Users if you are unlikely to be able to provide a service to its completion.
- Members will remind users to provide feedback and rating of their service online via their user account on the hub.
- Deal with complaints promptly and professionally.
Appendix 4. Complaints Process
We believe all feedback is a great way to improve and develop your business. We are here to support both you and the User, fairly and impartially when things have not gone as expected.
We will always contact you (within 1 business day of receipt) to discuss any negative feedback received about you or your service. We will not publish any negative comments until you have had a chance to review and resolve any issue directly with the User. Once you have advised us that a solution has been found we will contact the User to submit updated feedback.
If you feel the complaint is unjustified or a resolution cannot be found, we will ask you to provide a reply to the feedback which we will post on the hub next to the original feedback.
If you don’t respond to us regarding any negative feedback the comment will be published after 10 working days.
Any complaints of a serious nature or repeat instances of negative feedback will be brought to the attention of our directors and may result in termination of your membership or the notification of relevant authorities.