Effective Date: 27th March 2020
Thank you for showing interest in The Midlife Hub. We are purpose led social enterprise and want to change the way we ALL see and prepare for midlife, making it a positive and empowering experience.
This is not small print, which we hope you won’t read but we know its not the most exciting way to spend your time either. However please read though and get in touch if you have any questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acceptance of Terms
We will notify registered users with a notification in the event of a material update to these terms; your continued use of our services following such an update shall constitute your acceptance of the updated terms.
You agree that you will only use The Midlife Hub in non emergency situations; that you are seeking services for information and / or educational purposes only and that all services are provided ‘as is’ and without warranty or representation. We do not claim to be qualified in any specific topic and are not offering advice.
Our services are offered only to people over the age of 18 and who do not have a competitive, harmful, malicious, distrust I’ve or unlawful purpose. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use our services.
Who ‘we’ are
The Midlife Hub Ltd. Is a registered company in England and Wales (Company Number 12448012). We have committed to being a social enterprise within our articles
Our registered address is: Arch 241, Kings Road Arches, Brighton BN1 1NB.
At The Midlife Hub, very simply, we want to help you prepare for and plan a balanced, action-based approach to your midlife. To do this we have created a web based platform which is free to use unless otherwise stated.
The platform brings together an holistic set of resources & services. Doing the leg work for you and making it easy to become more informed about the midlife and to then take charge and make things happen.
We are not a medical service and whilst we make reasonable efforts to validate our sources we can not guarantee their accuracy or that they will help or be beneficial to the user.
Always seek professional medical advice from your GP before trying anything new.
The are 4 main services:
Learn: Knowledge is power. Information and inspiration that keeps you up-to-date with midlife wellbeing. This is our resource centre / blog where we will post curated content or re-post content from experts. We aim to provide a wide range of perspectives and topics. Anyone over the age of 18 can use this service.
Connect: Join in. Everyones midlife experience is different. Connect, ask questions, support and swap tips with other mid-lifers. This is our chat forum. You need to be a registered user to access this service. We welcome everyone and as such we require all users to abide by the law, social courtesy and respect for each other.
We want to encourage open and supporting dialogue without judgement, discrimination, harassment or bullying of any kind. For this reason the Connect service will be moderated. We reserve the right to remove / block users from our services if we deem their behaviour to be inappropriate or offensive in any way.
Find: Create your own path. Search for trusted services, experiences and events in your area. Rest assured they all meet our 6 point standard. We have created a directory of third party service providers, events and experiences.
Our aim is to make it easy for you and we know recommendation of a service is important. We having a range of services all in one place for you and to give you confidence we approve our members against the following criteria:
- Sufficiently trained to deliver their service
- Providing a evidence based practice
- Established and experienced in their field
- Financially viable
- Ethical and legal
- Members of their relevant governing / regulating bodies.
Registered users of The Midlife Hub can also publish feedback and provide a rating for any of the service providers. This gives an up-to-date view and peer recommendation.
Whilst we undertake these checks they are not exhaustive and not foolproof. When you book with one of the members, you are entering into an agreement directly with them and The Midlife Hub Ltd does not provide any guarantee or warranty. Please see our disclaimers and limitation if liability below.
Plan: We encourage you to create a Midlife Map(R). Chart your own course make the most of your midlife. The Midlife Map(R) begins with a simple self reflection which aims to help you focus on what you want and maybe should focus on first. You can’t tackle everything at once and this process helps you map out your steps.
Creating a plan can be daunting so whilst we do not offer advice Our concierge team can help you with the following:
- Navigate The Midlife Hub to find the information or service you want
- Walk through completion of the reflection and the Midlife Map(R)
- Find service providers, events, experiences or information not already on the platform and tailored to your plan. There is a fee for this bespoke service which will be published on the site and advised before any work is undertaken.
Feedback For Service Providers
We welcome and encourage Users to provide feedback and ratings for our service providers. This is done directly through the platform provided you are a registered User.
All feedback is monitored to ensure our members are meeting our service standards. Any feedback indicating dissatisfaction will be reviewed with the Member and we may contact you for further information.
We reserve the right to not publish or remove content that is deemed to be; offensive, inaccurate, irrelevant, inappropriate, discriminatory, threatening, abusive, unfair, or against the law.
You warrant that any content you upload / post on the platform complies with UK Law, does not disclose any personal or confidential information and you agree to indemnify The Midlife Hub Ltd against any losses suffered as a result of your failure to comply.
The Midlife Hub Ltd reserve the right to edit comments for length, spelling or clarity. We will not publish abusive language or names.
Setting up a User profile allows you to access the Connect, Midlife Map® and feedback features. Please review our Privacy Statement to understand what data we collect and how we use it.
You can delete your profile at anytime via the site directly.
Access To The Site
The Midlife Hub Ltd. Do not guarantee that the platform or any content contained on the platform will always be available or be uninterrupted.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the platform. Your access is at our discretion and is on a temporary basis only.
The Midlife Hub LTD. May suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change any part of the platform or services without notice to you.
The Midlife Hub LTD. will not be liable to you for any reason if the website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
If any of these Terms should be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then such terms will be severed and the remaining terms share remain in full force and continue to be binding and enforceable.
Disclaimers & Limitation of Liability
- You assume all risks of your use of the services. There is no guarantee that using any of our services will benefit you. Because content can relate to physical wellbeing, and Connect topics may be of a personal nature, please do not use the service if you are sensitive to detailed or graphic content.
- We provide information and services on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis without any representation or endorsement and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. This includes but is not limited to the implied warranties of satisfaction, quality, fitness for purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- To the extent permitted by law, The midlife Hub Ltd. Will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use of our website (platform) or services.
- The Midlife Hub makes reasonable efforts to ensure information is accurate, we make no warranty that; the website / services will meet your requirements, that the content will be accurate or reliable, that the functionality will be uninterrupted or error free or that the website / services or the server that hosts them are free from viruses or anything else harmful or destructive.
- Whilst every effort is made to verify statements and information submitted by the public and The Midlife Hub Members, the information is supplied by various individuals and businesses. It does not represent the views of The Midlife Hub and we can not be held responsible for any omissions or inaccurate claims that may appear.
- Users of the service hereby agree that The Midlife Hub does not make any warranty or guarantee over the quality, timing, integrity, responsibility, legality or any other aspect whatsoever of the information and serviced offered or delivered by its members to the User.
- You hereby expressly agree not to hold The Midlife Hub Ltd (or its agents, representatives, advertisers or employees) liable for any instruction, advice or service delivered which originated through the website or associated services. The Midlife Hub Ltd expressly disclaims any liability whatsoever for any damage, suits, claims and / or controversies that have or may arise, whether known or unknown therefrom.
- The Midlife Hub Ltd reserve the tight to commence legal proceedings against you for your actions or to disclose necessary information to law enforcement authorities.
- The Midlife Hub Ltd does not claim or imply that the information on this site is a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment.
- Affiliate Disclosure. Our website may contain affiliate marketing links. This means we may get paid commission on sales of those products or services we write about. Rest assured, you will never be charged a fee for shopping through one of our affiliate links. You may even get a discounted rate and we will make a small commission. Our editorial content is not influenced by advertisers or affiliate partnerships. We are affiliates of the following programmes: Ingenious. You can see their affiliate Terms and Conditions Here.
If you have a complaint expressly about the service provided by The Midlife Hub Ltd you can do this by emailing: email@example.com.
We welcome feedback and take all timely complaints seriously. We will aim to acknowledge your email within 1 business day and respond within 5 working days.
Where the complaint is about a member / third party, we will undertake some investigation but remain impartial. Our aim is to support all parties to find a reasonable solution.
We and our service providers aim to abide by the service standards below
- Demonstrate professional integrity at all times
- Be competent to deliver the services being offered. Complete Continuous Professional Development regularly.
- Charge fairly for their services
- Let the User know if you can’t help them or another service would be more appropriate
- Be realistic about the benefits of the service and how long it will take to see changes.
- Protect Users physical and mental wellbeing
- Protect User data by adhering to current legal requirements re collection, processing and storage.
- Communicate promptly and respectfully with Users
- Never be verbally or physically abusive or threatening to a User in any way
- Notify The Midlife Hub and Users, if you are not able to continue in business.
- Do not take on new Users if you are unlikely to be able to provide a service to its completion
- Members will remind users to provide feedback and rating of their service online via their user account on the hub.
- Deal with complaints promptly and professionally.